Monday, June 25, 2007

Massive Update Part III - CIA's Awesome Declassification

HuffPo brings this next little gem here:

"Little-known documents made public Thursday detail illegal and scandalous activities by the CIA more than 30 years ago _ wiretappings of journalists, kidnappings, warrantless searches and more.

The documents provide a glimpse of nearly 700 pages of materials that the agency has declassified and plans to release next week."

What will we be reading about in 30 years about this war? More of the same, I'm sure. Between backing military coups in Latin America and assassinations all over the world, the CIA are a bunch of shady dudes/dudettes. I can imagine, with all the crazy technological advances we have currently, there will be an enormous amount of atrocities that we will find out about many years from now on the History channel.

"Tom Blanton, head of the National Security Archive, pointed to more recent concerns, such as post-Sept. 11 programs that included warrant less wiretapping. "The resonance with today's controversies is just uncanny," he said."
The problem with this is that the public deserves to know NOW. Why are personal liberties infringed upon and kept secret to "protect" me. I'll take my chances and enjoy my government following this one document...I think it's pretty important...crap I forget its name. Wait. Let me Google it.....

Oh yeah...THE CONSTITUTION?

The purpose of these three articles comes to my conclusions to their communist Russia counterparts. Call me a radical or an idiot but how much different are these parallels? You can't deny the evidence that specific elements parallel them to each other. I didn't say the government was offing people for not following the government's stance on things or locking up journalists. (Or even me for writing this for that matter...) BUT withholding documents (losing emails or firing Federal attorneys for not towing Party lines?), prisoners being interrogated with questionable methods to people who are possibly not even terrorists, and CIA's questionable integrity in major world events add up to a very suspicious citizen.

Executive Branch's Secrecy = Kremlin
Guantanmo = GULAG
CIA's Shadyness = KGB

Write me off to the loony bin....but I'm not convinced we are as holy as we claim to be or even close to being noble. America is dressing up as a Nun during the day and going to Tony Soprano's Bada Bing! to strip at night. Who will hold all these governmental institutions to the law? And if these institutions who are supposed to uphold the law are corrupt....who do you turn to? I need an Excedrin and a bottle of Tums. I'm dying over here.




No comments: